Since liposuction aims to remove accumulated fats under your skin, the best candidates for this procedure are those with flabby areas in their body such as neck, thighs, arms, and abdomen. You might notice that there are certain stubborn areas in your body that retain fat deposits despite a healthy diet and regular exercise. This could be due to several factors such as body chemistry or genetic make-up. Liposuction could be an effective means to get rid of those stubborn fats once and for all.
Aside from this obvious consideration, liposuction is best for physically fit or healthy individuals, preferably those who exercise regularly and are not more than 20 pounds over the normal weight for their age.
Moreover, you can get optimum results from liposuction if you have localized fat deposits. However, you cannot expect dramatic changes in the appearance of your body as soon as you undergo this procedure. Doctors, on the other hand, do not advise crash dieting to speed up the results.
Best for Liposuction
Here is a rundown of qualities that make you a likely candidate for liposuction:
- Overall good health condition
- Within 25 pounds of ideal weight
- Have fatty problem areas
- Have not had previous surgery in the same area to be treated
- With elastic and firm skin
- Do not have fluctuating weight
- Aim towards reshaping or sculpting the body
- Psychologically stable
- Have substantial knowledge of the procedure
Meanwhile, if you have the following qualities, then you should think twice, or consult your doctor before proceeding with liposuction:
- If you have clotting disorders
- Suffering from physical and emotional trauma
- Have hernias untreated within the same area to be treated
- Have inelastic skin